Yeast Rolls – bread machine does all of the work for these “melt in your mouth” yeast rolls – Fresh bread has never been easier…you won’t be able to eat just one!
“Nobody in the hunting business has fresher, better tasting yeast rolls than Federwild Plantation.” While that’s a bold statement to make, we put our yeast rolls where our mouth is—literally! Now you can re-create our signature yeast rolls in your very own kitchen in less than 3 hours, and with very little effort. All you need is a bread machine, a handful of ingredients, and a little bit of will power. Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked bread…except the TASTE of freshly baked bread! These ridiculously easy yeast rolls are hard to resist and easy to freeze!
- 1 cup water, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted & cooled to room temperature
- 1 egg, large, room temperature is best
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons yeast (bread machine, rapid rise, or instant yeast)
- Place all ingredients in order listed above into bread machine.
- After dough cycle completes, with hands greased with butter, remove and shape dough into rolls, placing them in a pan greased with butter, (2) round 8" - 9" round pans greased with 1/2 tablespoon room temperature butter
- Let rolls rise in a warm area until doubled in size, about 30 - 45 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Prior to baking, gently brush tops of rolls with melted butter
- Adjust oven rack to highest position & place both pans in center of rack
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, making sure to rotate pans halfway through baking cycle to ensure even browning, and/or covering loosely with aluminum foil if needed to prevent over-browning
- Upon removing from oven, brush tops of rolls with melted butter or honey butter
- Serve immediately
- YIELDS: 12 large rolls, or 24 regular size rolls
DIFFERENCE IN YEAST TYPES: Active Dry: Traditional yeast that usually needs "proofing", meaning it needs to be mixed with warm water (or a liquid) and given about 5 minutes to "activate" before it is used in recipes. However, in bread machine recipes, it does not need proofing.
Bread Machine/Rapid Rise/Instant Yeast: Can be added to any recipe without "proofing". Also, helps your dough rise as much as 50% faster in less time. If using this type of yeast, you may want to cut your rising time by 30 minutes.
FASTER RISING: Place a pan of boiling water on the bottom rack of cold oven, then place the pans of rolls onto top rack of oven. Close oven door & rolls will rise to desired height within 30 minutes. However, you may want to let them rise for 45 - 60 minutes for a more lighter and fluffier roll.
FREEZING: These rolls freeze beautifully for up to 3 months! You may freeze these rolls after baking and cooled. Re-heat any number of frozen rolls in the microwave for a few seconds (10 - 20 seconds), OR let frozen rolls come to room temperature, loosely cover with aluminum foil and re-heat in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 - 12 minutes.
copyright © 2016-2017 Federwild Plantation
Check out more FREE RECIPES!